Saturday, June 11, 2011

This Week So Far: NO Casualties of War

So, I have to tell this story because it was out if left field. I was too aggravated last weekend to really discuss this on my blog because I would not have had anything nice to say. So, last Friday my husband thought that the cat was looking a little under the weather (later found out she was probably a little dehydrated) and he decided that it must be fleas biting her that is making her look sick. So he grabbed the DOG flea medication and put it on the cat sometime Friday during the day. DOG flea medication? Yes, that's what I said... anyway around 10 p.m. I was looking at the cat and she was drooling uncontrollably. I thought she had an infected tooth because when I inspected her mouth she kept pulling her face away like she was in pain. Anyway, about 2 hours later around midnight I heard something pound on my bedroom door. So, I went into the hallway and my cat was foaming at the mouth. A few moments later I saw her having seizures. I freaked out (my husband was at work at this time). I rounded up the kids (barefoot and still in diapers) and threw them in the car. We went to the ER vet and ended up spending $500 to correct this blunder. I was so pissed I couldn't even see straight. Now that the cat is fine I can find some humor in the situation. However, I would NOT recommend this as a way to get on your wife's good side.


Dakota also left his mark twice this week by pooping in his pants after I put him to bed and then proceeding to stick his hands in it and then smeared it all over his bed. Then second time he did it he got a spanking. He also threw and entire bag of crackers into my briefcase all over my work laptop. That was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment