Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Idolatry

Okay, so I get home and my husband literally has a sermon on the computer running about how Halloween is Idolatry. How because we have our children dress up and put jack-o-lanterns on our porches is evil and the influence of the devil. Okay first and foremost let's define idolatry. According to dictionary.com 'idolatry' is defined as the excessive worship of idols and as excessive or blind adoration, reverence, devotion, etc. So, because NUMBER ONE Halloween lasts ONE day I seriously doubt that can be considered excessive. NUMBER TWO who the hell worships a stupid pumpkin? I mean really? My husband gave me all this crap on the phone this afternoon about the end of days of the new world order. Really? What the hell is wrong with these people? Now, I believe in God and I believe in Jesus. But, seriously people need to get a grip, especially my husband. Luckily my children are too young to buy into nonsense. I'm not saying the Bible doesn't have merit. I'm saying twisting it for someone's personal message is wrong and secondly the end of the world has been predicted hundreds of times if not thousands. Um, note to those who predicted the end of the world... still here! Anyway, I'm sure the world will end and all I'm saying is I have no idea when this is coming, spewing fear into people is ignorant. This is my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree. Cause either way I don't give a crap.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you here. Halloween cannot be construed as idolitry. Especially if you know the history and meaning behind the holiday. In old times, people wouldn't even venture out on All Hallows Eve.

    ReplyDelete