Monday, March 15, 2010

You're in the Way

Okay, so there are a few things I want to cover under this post because I think they are so freaking hysterical.
First: Yesterday Dustin had placed his Bobot in the center of the floor and was circling it with his tricycle. Well, Dakota wanted to get a piece of that the shiny red Bobot. So, he kept crawling forward to grab the robot. Eventually Dustin grabbed Dakota, opened up the broom closet and started shoving Dakota into the closet. Dakota started whining in protest. Meanwhile Dustin kept shoving, saying, "bye bye Kota, bye bye." I almost died it was so funny. Luckily I rescued Dakota and reprimanded Dustin in between giggles.
Next we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond because I had gift cards. While we were there I bought Dustin some M&M's. He dropped one on the floor while we were on our way back to the house. We swung by Wendy's to grab something to eat and continued on our way home. After eating, my Dad, husband, the kids, and I all gathered out front to enjoy part of the nice day. All of a sudden Dustin starts running across the lawn toward my car, opens the car, and crawls inside. Darrell runs after him and Dustin gets out of the car with the lost M&M already in his mouth. Again I was laughing hysterically. This is definitely why I had kids. So, they could amuse me.
So those were Sunday's adventures. I had a great time on Sunday with the boys for sure. Today we had to go back to our daily routine because it was Monday and that sucked. But, when we got home we went to the park for awhile. That was a blast. I've decided that the way you realize you are old is when a group of teenagers is sitting there near the swings peer pressuring the one couple to kiss and when I walk up with my kids they all cease talking and start whispering. Geez. HOWEVER, at least I have Dustin because he was all up in their business. They were even joking that my son got further with the "girl" than her boyfriend. So, at least my son has got skills. I may be over the hill in the eyes of teenagers but my son is adorable and can gather a crowd. Dakota diligently sat in the mulch and dug a big hole until he found the wet mulch. When I walked over to him and put the mulch back so he wasn't getting all muddy he looked up at me disgusted like, "shit Mom I just dug that hole NOW I have to start ALL over again." And then he proceeded to re-dig his hole. When we were on our way home in the car Dustin said, "cake." So, we ran to the gas station got chee.tos, cinnamon rolls, and sprite. Then after we got home we pigged out. Bad Mommy. Bad Mommy. He had gotten quite a workout so it was my turn. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then did 45 minutes of Pilates. Surely that negates my binge, right? I'm going to be hurting tomorrow during yoga.

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo old. So very, very old... :p

    I don't miss being a teenager. Just wait till our kids are the one on the swings. THEN we'll be old.

    Kids really are what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete