Saturday, October 9, 2010

100 Random Things About Me

1. My favorite number is 7.
2. My favorite color is blue.
3. I love On the Border and have been a die-hard fan for about 12 years.
4. My favorite drink is Dr. Pepper, but since I'm pregnant I prefer Coke (in moderation).
5. My favorite TV shows of all time include Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, Law and Order Criminal Intent, and my ultimate favorite is Grey's Anatomy.
6. I have dual citizenship in both Germany and the U.S. since I was born on a U.S. military base in Germany. No, I do not speak German... my parents are completely American.
7. One of my favorite toys to play with as a child was a calculator in the basement of my Grandparent's house, fitting that I now work in Accounting.
8. My God is a lot more tolerant and loving than the one I was taught about in the Catholic church.
9. My Mom bought me a horse when I was 12, his name was Reo and he was a Palomino.
10. My ULTIMATE favorite toys as a child were Barbie's and My Little Ponies.
11. I think Goonies is a timeless classic... I really need to buy that movie.
12. I own 3 computers and 3 TV's. Weird.
13. I think anyone who said that being pregnant is beautiful was on crack and has never been pregnant. It's a very gross experience. Your body does stuff that's definitely not cool under normal circumstances and is totally weird... but the end result is SOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!
14. When I was pregnant with Dustin I craved Hot and Sour soup the entire time.
15. When I was pregnant with Dakota I craved pasta and listened to Hip Hop throughout.
16. During this pregnancy, the major cravings I've had have been milk and Coke.
17. When I was 16-17 I hated little kids.
18. When I was 16 and 17 1/2 my Mom had two more kids... this is probably why I hated little kids during this time. Hers cried ALL THE TIME.
19. Luckily I love my little brother and sister immensely. :)
20. I don't really eat breakfast foods and freak everyone out at work because I'm constantly eating soup at 8:00 a.m. Sometimes I'll eat pancakes or eggs for dinner or lunch though. I will feed my children Spaghetti O's at 7:00 a.m. because I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. If it's edible at noon, it should in theory be edible at 7:00 a.m.
21. My Dad has taught me what loving unconditionally is all about. I hope to teach my children the same lesson.
22. I lived in Hawaii between the ages of 8-12. I had a great tan for about 3.5 years.
23. I can't sleep without having a MINIMUM of four pillows. 5-6 are preferred. My hubby and I have ten on our bed.
24. My mother and I have a great relationship and I fly out to see her at least 4x a year... unless I'm pregnant then I have to allow some time for delivery and accommodate the no-traveling timeframe.
25. I'm not looking forward to travelling so frequently with three children... that will definitely be a challenge.
26. Loved the movies Avatar, Count of Monte Cristo, and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (with Kevin Costner).
27. Worst movie I ever saw was The Age of Innocence. I don't even remember what it was about I just remember I hated it.
28. When I was in 8th grade, I read all the romance novels from Johanna Lindsey... now that I'm older I think her story lines are horrible predictable and kind of dumb... but I still have to read every one of her books.
29. My favorite reading genre is Paranormal Romance... and yes that definitely includes the Twilight saga.
30. Since I cancelled cable I rarely watch TV anymore.
31. Not surprisingly my favorite possessions are my KINDLE, laptop, and Droid.
32. I suck at crosswords... but I can handle word searches.
33. I suck at pool too... but before I quit drinking... I swear I played better after I drank.
34. It's been 2,590 days since I consumed my last drink (a little over 7 years).
35. My favorite gum flavor is Sour Apple.
36. Drinks 8-10 servings of water per day.
37. Loves that Dakota carries around his Pooh Bear constantly.
38. My favorite sound is my children laughing.
39. My favorite from Dakota are his hugs and his smiles.
40. My favorite from Dustin are the way he tries to share his blanket with me, his smiles, and when he's being sweet to Dakota.
41. Dakota gave Dustin his first loving the other day, complete with hugs and a mock kiss. It was absolutely adorable.
42. Dustin cracks me up almost daily, one of my favorites was when he shoved Dakota into the closet saying, "bye bye Kota, bye bye." (Kota got in is way).
43. My favorite smells are coffee brewing and the smell outside after it rains.
44. I prefer lakes to the ocean.
45. Since I was an army brat, I hate moving.
46. I also hate buttons.
47. My husband and I met officially for the first time at Saltgrass Steakhouse.
48. I prefer spending time with my family versus a ton of friends.
49. I'm definitely a homebody.
50. I miss catching fireflies like I did when I was a kid in Virginia.
51. I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up... I figure as long as I figure it out before my kids grow up I'm good.
52. Despite having a Masters degree and contemplating going back to school to finish my last ten classes so I can sit for my CPA, I dislike school and think it's extremely boring.
53. My kids constantly make me want to be a better person.
54. I try to accept people as they are... but sometimes that's a lot easier said than done.
55. I'm not a morning person even though I have small children.
56. Wishes we could vote certain species ON TO the endangered animal list. I would definitely vote roaches onto that list. I'd be perfectly okay if they disappeared.
57. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I think this is definitely a magical time.
58. My favorite seasons are Fall and Winter. I LOVE cuddling up in warm blankets when it's cold outside.
59. Thinks that no matter how old we get, or what situations we find ourselves in, we will always find that they have similarities to High School and the immaturity we found there.
60. Thinks getting your nails done is a necessity.
61. I voted for the first time in the last Presidential election. I did not vote for our current president.
62. I don't like watching the news because I find it extremely depressing.
63. Milky Way is my favorite candy bar, but sour Skittles or Sour Patch Kids are my favorite regular candy.
64. I eat soup at least 5x a week.
65. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my ultimate favorite flavor.
66. Love the Longhorns (UT) because I think they have a cute logo not because of some undying love for the school.
67. I love to color and yes I color often. I am very territorial over my markers and my coloring posters. My children are not allowed near them. This is a great hobby when watching TV.
68. I almost always find the need to multitask. Hence, coloring and watching TV, singing and driving, cooking dinner and cleaning up.
69. Loves and hates it when my husband cleans. Love that he was sweet enough to make the effort... hates it because it doesn't really look clean... as in missing half the floor when mopping, etc. So, I feel the need to redo it. Sad but true.
70. The last two times I've gotten pregnant was just after I started working out and had lost weight. With Dakota, I was trying to get pregnant. This one was a surprise.
71. Thinks there are a lot of stupid people in the world. What I hate the most is when I realize I'm the one being stupid. So sad on those days.
72. Thinks sarcasm is a way of life and truly committed individuals use it daily.
73. I used to watch Star Trek all the time in middle school.
74. I swam on my HS swim team. That was a ton of fun.
75. My first job was as a lifeguard and later I taught swim lessons which was a lot of fun as well.
76. I got robbed as a teller at gunpoint. The guy ran in and jumped my counter. He got caught like an hour later. I didn't much like being a teller after that.
77. I made my own bouquets for my wedding out of silk flowers. I still have my flowers from then.
78. I had back surgery on my husband's birthday 3 years ago. I was glad to have that out of the way.
79. Cannot stand Indian food. I have tried on several occasions to like it, but to no avail.
80. I had a cat for 17.5 years from the time I was 8 until I was 26. Her name was McKenzie. I had to put her to sleep 5 weeks before I had my first child.
81. Loved playing outdoors when I was kid in Virginia. Unfortunately poison ivy also loved me. I had it at least 5 times.
82. My favorite day is Saturday because you still have one more weekend day before its time to return to work... although Friday's are a close second.
83. I've been married for five years as of yesterday October 8.
84. I love to stay up late because that's when the house is the most quiet. Although I don't make it very late.
85. My older sister and I practically got into a physical fight over a pair of jean shorts.
86. My sister is naming her son Riley Vaughn Deneau. She's due two weeks after me. Thus, all of the grandchildren will be male.
87. My favorite vehicle I ever owned was my Ford Ranger. I still miss it. Although it wouldn't be very functional at this time in my life.
88. Wouldn't mind driving a van to accommodate my offspring.
89. Favorite metals include white gold and sterling silver.
90. Favorite jewelry would have diamonds in it.
91. My favorite days of the year include 5/8 (Dustin) and 1/21 (Dakota). I'll soon have a third but am unsure what day that will be.
92. Thinks that its silly to make a big deal out of my own birthday when it's more fun to make a big deal out of my children's bdays.
93. Would love to be a stay at home Mom, but would probably last about two months before the staying home part would drive me up the wall.
94. Would suck at being a teacher or trainer because I just don't have that kind of patience except when it comes to other kids other than my own.
95. I hang out with my Dad every weekend and its one of my favorite past times.
96. I believe we should instill nap time during work.
97. Has historically gotten along better with males because they aren't as dramatic as females... so it's probably a good thing I have all boys.
98. Wants to be everything for everyone and feels like she's never going to get there.
99. Gets into trouble for never wanting to cuddle.
100. My son drinks out of the milk carton because he's caught me doing it. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment