Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Constant Battle

Okay, so being that I'll be turning 30 in less than a month you'd think by now I'd be able to have my sh%t together. You'd think? Right? How is it that my parents seemed to have it together when I was little? Of course then I got older and realized my parents didn't know anything. That's the teenage years I think... then once you get into your 20's, especially into your mid-twenties you realize that your parents never had it figured out but they just got by... but by then you realize that they have a wealth of information and experience to share with you. Even for all of that I wonder if my children will look at me the same way? Not sure. I do know that my house looks like a war zone. Having little kids that scatter toys from here to the end of the universe makes my house want to cry. So, today is my cleaning day and I've already cleaned the back bedrooms and bathroom. So, I guess that's a start. But, when I look at my main rooms (see below- and YES that is the Xmas tree... don't even go there) I just want to sit down and let someone else do it for me. But, for as long as I've lived in this house no one has ever showed up to clean my house for me.






Or I could just do what my Mom did and wait for my children to get old enough and make them do it for me. That's the reason I had kids... to make them clean my house for me between the ages of 10-18. It's cheap slave labor. I'M TOTALLY KIDDING. And how is it despite the fact that I gave the kids a bath yesterday they already seem filthy? Am I the only one that goes through this? Probably not. Now in my house we all have our designated jobs. The dog is the garbage disposal because this old house doesn't have one, the cat is a bug exterminator (only good for specific bugs), Dustin scatters his toys all over the planet, Dakota tries to play with said toys thus aggravating his older brother, hubby takes out the trash, does dishes, and the laundry. Mom? She does everything else including mopping, dusting, scrubbing, designated toy picker-upper, bathtime, brushing teeth, jungle gym, Bobot battery replacer (this could be a full time job onto itself), grocery shopper, and going to school. The adventures of Momdom never end. Of course, I shouldn't be blogging right now. So, I'm going to go clean the kitchen and see where that gets me. Perhaps someone will magically appear to clean the main two rooms... I can dream can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment