Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Koots' Big Day

Tomorrow my little man will be one year old. It's so hard to believe that he's been hanging out with us for a year now. It flew by too fast. I wish I could rewind it and relive it. Of course I wish the same thing with my oldest. It's so true that they grow up too fast. A year ago today, Dustin was an only child. Tomorrow at 11:28 a.m. he'll be exactly one year old. They'll never remember this time, but I will. It's been such a wonderful and monumental experience for me. I love having my boys around. When I got home tonight Darrell hadn't given either kid a bath. So, it had been a few days for Dakota. And I'm pretty sure he had some left over jelly in his hair from last night's dinner. Needless to say, he got a good scrubbing and is down on the floor feeding himself his bottle. Wow! A year ago he hadn't even eaten any real food yet. He was still being a little parasite off me! Of course I was ready to evict his little butt by this time. I don't necessarily miss the last part of the pregnancy because you get so uncomfortable at the end. But, I miss the anticipation of getting to meet your new baby and hold them in your arms for the first time. What a wonderful and blessed gift that is. I definitely have to do that at least once, err maybe twice more. Got to wait for the financial things to get in place. But, hopefully in the future I'll be able to become a Mom at least one more time. It's such a blessing and a joy. Happy Birthday KOOTS, a wee bit early.



Dakota when I first brought him home from the hospital. He was a little over 24 hours old. AWWWWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment